1 Discussion – HIS Technology
Find a website from either a major corporation that manufactures and sells HIS equipment or a large health care facility that effectively utilizes various HIS technologies. Does either of these companies allow health information to be shared across the internet? Do you think that information within a large facility should be shared across the internet to facilities that are close and far? Why or why not? Please include the website used in your posting in a references section.
Once you have found your website, consider also this video, does this change your outlook? View This Link
- To avoid point loss, carefully follow all assignment instructions and rubric guidelines
- Review this Discussion Sample to get a better sense of what is expected of your discussion content and participation
- Complete your original post of 175 words before 11:30 p.m. Thursday, EST
- Complete at least 2 peer replies of a minimum of 75 words before 11:30 p.m. Sunday, EST
- Note that responses to instructor comments do not count toward the minimum number of peer replies
- Be sure to include at least one reference (both in-text and references section entry) to your course readings; outside references are encouraged but you must have at least one to course readings.
- Provide properly formatted citations/references for all source material (see HSA Style Guide)
- Do not use any quoted or copied material.
Consider your readings from this week. Please describe the purpose of risk management programs. Be sure to also analyze the historical influences that have influenced the current structure of risk management programs.
- Your post should be 250-350 words.
- Review the Discussion Grading Rubric
- You will not be able to see any posts by other students until you make your original post.
- Support your post by citing one reference (other than the text).
- Cite paraphrased information but do not use quotes for this assignment.
- Submit your original post by Thursday before 12am midnight (EST).
- Respond to at least two (2) other studentsâ€™ original post by Sunday before 12am midnight (EST).
- In addition to your replies on other studentsâ€™ posts, you should also respond to any student who posts to your original post and to any of my questions.