“Jock Culture” is one of several pieces that we will read that touch on sports, albeit the only one that’s overtly critical. Compared with the other essays on sports (listed below in requirements), how well does Lipsyte’s thesis hold up when compared with the feelings others have derived from watching or participating in sporting activities? How do the other writers’ experiences support or contradict his analysis of the implications of Jock Culture for individuals and society?
Requirements for Researched Argument:
- 4-6 pages, not including MLA style Works Cited page.
- Quotes/Summary/Paraphrase from:
- Robert Lipsyte, “Jocks vs. Pukes”
- Brad Manning, “Arm Wrestling With My Father”
- Brian Doyle, “A Note on Mascots”
- E.B. White, “Once More to the Lake”
- Paper prepared according to MLA style (12pt. Times New Roman font, 1in. margins, double-spaced, proper heading, last name and page number in upper-right corner).
- MLA-style parenthetical citations for all quotations and paraphrases.
- MLA-style Works Cited page.
1. https://www.thenation.com/article/jocks-vs-pukes/ ( Jocks Vs Pukes LINK)
2. https://genius.com/E-b-white-once-more-to-the-lake…( Once More to the Lake)