Exam #4– From â€œThe Bottom Billionâ€
Due: April 26 @11:59 PM. Late work will be accepted but a penalty of 5 points will be assessed for each date late. No exam will be accepted after December 14, 2018 @11:59 PM, the end of class. No email exams will be accepted.
Total (10 points eachâ€”100 totalâ€”each answer should be paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences with APA citation)
- â€œTraps and the Countries Caught in Themâ€ identifies four â€œtrapsâ€ in addition to the â€œdevelopment trapâ€ and â€œthe health trap.â€ What does the author identify these traps to be? Define what each â€œtrapâ€ would be.
- Has the gap between the bottom billion and the rest of the developing world always been there, or has it come about because the bottom billion has been trapped?
- What is the definition of a â€œcivil war?â€ What is the link between a civil war and the bottom billion? What makes a country prone to a civil war?
- Why do Civil Wars last so long? What are the costs of War for these countries?
- What does the author say is the curse of natural resources?
- How has â€œlandlocked with bad neighborsâ€ affected Uganda?
- What strategies can a landlocked, resource-scare country attempt in order to improve their economies and standard of life?
- What are the costs of neglect for the G8 counties?
- How does the author think that aid can actually make things in the developing world worse?
- Is Regional Integration the answer to the problems of the â€œBottom Billion?â€