Locate a recent project statement of work or project management plan in your organization that includes a procurement element. If you cannot find one, you may conduct research and find one available on the web (be sure to verify the SOW or plan is from a real-life project).
Write a paper in which you analyze how procurement was covered in the SOW or plan. Consider the following issues:
- What decisions led to wanting to procure products or services outside the organization?
- What internal stakeholders are identified in the SOW/plan, and what are their responsibilities?
- Which tools and techniques were used to identify the work to be contracted to an outside entity?
- How well was the procurement aligned with the organization’s make-or-buy strategy?
- How well were deliverables described in terms of accuracy and measurability?
- What improvements would you suggest to the SOW or the project management plan, to improve procurement outcomes?
- How do your improvement suggestions align with scope and procurement management processes in the PMBOK?
- Which organizational theory/theories might help explain procurement strategies, processes, and outcomes in your company?
Give examples to support your analysis wherever appropriate.
Support your paper with minimum of five (5) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 3-4 pages not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.