create a lesson plan, using the “COE Lesson Plan Template,” outlining your changes and preferences for the lesson you observed. In parenthesis in each section, explain your different rationale. Be sure to include a theory of instruction.
The lesson plan should include the following:
- A formative assessment tool to determine the needs of the students prior to learning.
- Three instructional objectives aligned to your state standards.
- A variety of instructional strategies to teach three learning objectives.
- A summative (standards-based) assessment to evaluate the students’ level of understanding at the end of the unit.
- An opportunity for the students to provide feedback on their learning process throughout the lesson.
Using the following points:
- Identify theory/strategy used in the classroom. Provide examples of the strategies.
- Identify content standards associated with learning objectives.
- Inquire and note any assessments attached to the strategies.
- Identify any accommodations and strategies to fulfill differentiated/informal instruction.
- Inquire about the rationale for the mentor teacher’s lesson. Include a discussion about strategies and applicable assessments.
Summarize and reflect upon your lesson plan in 250-500 words